In the next few days I will be moving the blog to another platform so if you are subscribing via wordpress.com it will probably not update anymore. I will still be found under www.cookingwithmalin.com, so bookmark the webpage so you don´t miss any updates.
This zingy and flavorfull curry is super satisfying and full of veggie goodness. This will make your kitchen smell absolutely amazing!
* ½ red onion
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 clove of garlic
* ½ thumb-sized piece of ginger (or about 1 tsp pre grated ginger)
* ½ a red chili (if you like it spicy, leave the seeds in)
* 1 tbsp curry powder
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp ground paprika
* 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
* 1 can (400g) coconut milk
* 1 can (400g) of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ tsp ground black pepper
* Small bunch of coriander
* Zest of ½ lime
* Juice of ½ lime
* Heat the oil on a medium heat.
* Thinly slice the onion and garlic and add to the pan.
* Grate the ginger into the pan. No need to remove the skin, or use
* Thinly slice the chili and add to the pan.
* Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
* Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and chickpeas.
* Add the salt and pepper.
* Chop the coriander and add to the pan along with the lime zest.
* Add the lime juice, season to taste and serve in a bowl as it is or with rice.
Agua Fresca is a popular fruit drink in Mexico, among others and means “Cool waters“. Cooling beverage to salty snacks or good to drink as it is. This Agua Fresca is made of pineapples and honeydew melon and topped with a slice lime and mint leafs. Sweet and fresh in one! Aqua Fresca can be made with all kinds of fruit of your liking.
Here is what you need for 4 glasses of this Agua Fresca:
* 1/2 peeled pineapple
* 1/2 peeled honeydew melon
* 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
* 1,2 cups of water
* 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
* 4 slices of lime
* Some mint leafs
How to make it:
* Mix pineapple, honeydew lemon, lime juice, water and honey/agave syrup in a blender-
* Pour into glass with lot of ice. Garnish with lime slice and mint leafs.
For this tasty and simple fillet of pork casserole for 4 persons you will need:
- 1 pound fillet of pork
- 4 tomatoes
- 5-10 mushrooms (depends on how large your dish is)
- 4 inches of leek
- 1,5 cup cream
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 gr (0,3 pound or 5,2 oz) of white mold cheese or brie cheese
- Salt and pepper
Instructions: (VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS HERE)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice the tomatoes, mushrooms and leek (clean the leek from dirt).
- Start by putting the sliced tomatoes in the bottom of a oven safe dish. Then the mushrooms on top of the tomatoes and then the leeks on top of the mushrooms.
- Cut the fillet of pork in to 0,4 inches thick slices. Fry them gently in a frying pan on medium heat on both sides until they are just cooked (they will finish in the oven). Salt and pepper after taste. Put them on top of the leeks.
- In a sauce pan put the cream, creme fraiche, cheese (leave the white “crust”on), flour and soy sauce. Let them melt together on low to medium heat (be careful and don´t have the heat do high so you burn it at the bottom). Add a pinch of pepper, taste if you need salt but the soy sauce should provide some.
- When the sauce is smooth and well blended pour it over the meat in the dish and put in the oven for 40 minutes. If the top starts to get to brown, put some foil over to protect it.
- Serve with jasmine rice and salad. Enjoy!
Join me in my Christmas celebration! 🎄🎄 I will bring you blog updates, new videos and recipes everyday for the ENTIRE month of December.
My goal is to bring you Christmas traditions from Sweden to you! How we celebrate and what we eat and what is special for us, and hopefully inspire you with some new recipes to try out.
So join me on this blog, Instagram or Facebook (I made a facebook event on my page and would love your you to join in on the fun) and I hope you will join me celebrate the holidays! At the end of December there will be a small give away from me. I ship worldwide
A few days ago I tried this recipe for the first time and I could not stop eating it,
it was that good! This was my first attempt at something like this and I will definitely try something similar again because the flavors was amazing and it was so easy to make.
Here are the ingredients you will need.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ¹⁄³ cup honey
- 2 tbs flour
- 4 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- A pinch of paprika
- 2 tsp chopped chives or spring onion
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4-5 pieces of chicken thighs (if the thighs are very large you might want to double up on the sauce)
Preheat your oven to 350°F – 180°C.
If your chicken thighs are very large slice them in half to reduce the cooking time. Pat them dry with a paper towel so excess moisture is removed and the flour will stick better. Coat in flour and paprika. Set aside.
Place a large oven proof frying pan on high heat with the olive oil. Once oil is starting to heat up, place your chicken thighs and cook until brown on both sides, takes only 1-2 minutes. The chicken does not need to be cooked all the way, it will finish in the oven.
Add the minced garlic followed by the chicken stock, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer and place in oven in the middle and bake for 30 – 40 min depending on your oven.
Remove from oven once cooked, sauce should be reduced and thicker, not too liquid and chicken should look very dark brown on the edges. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped chives / spring onion and serve immediately. Top with the reduced sauce.
50 grams toasted almond chips / sliced almonds
6 egg whites
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp orange zest
6 oz melted butter
0,6 cup of flour
1,4 cups of icing sugar
4 large peaches, cut in half and pit/stone removed (or 1 can of peaches)
Start by pre heating the oven to 200ºC or 400°F.
Mix the almond chips/sliced almonds and icing sugar. Add flour, salt, cardamom, orange zest. Mix together.
While the butter melts at low temperatures whisk the egg whites into a hard foam. When the butter has melted pour it into the dry ingredients and mix it to a smooth batter. Then add half of the egg whites and fold in gently. Then fold in the remaining part of the egg whites gently to keep the air in the batter.
Pour the batter into a round cake pan with a removable bottom that is buttered and sprinkled with breadcrumbs on the bottom and sides of the pan.
Wipe the juice off the peaches and place them in the batter with the cups down. Bake in the lower part of the oven between 35-40 minutes. Feel with a stick to judge if the cake is ready. If it comes out clean it´s done.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or lightly whipped cream while the cake is still warm.